Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not So Quick

#8 Wiki
I have enjoyed watching the "How to" videos and going to the wikis. I have looked at students projects and find them quite impressive. My favorite wiki is a link inside Wiki Wiki Teaching on the Scarlet Letter required video. It was well organized and easy to read.

I am impressed with how well the wiki assignment was put together using the teachers guidelines for the assignment. Also, I like how the teacher did a followup assignment that included the new learned skill. Furthermore, the students took the assignments to the next level taking ownership of the new learned skill. Then, the students bring in new students to the wiki experience and create a buzz that is heard by other teachers. This teacher affected an entire school community. WOW!!!

Code Blue was my next favorite. The students are creative in writing their personal biographies supporting their studies as doctors and starting their 'practice'.

Primary Math wiki started out to work on one math skill (patterns??)but added other math skills, as time passed. One of the videos did not work. I was disappointed. I have experienced this with my links and understand the importance of checking and rechecking your information.

I am still a kid at heart. So, the Salute to Seuss was a favorite,too. I learned many things about Seuss I did not know. I like history. There are numerous activities (podcasting, kwl, read alongs, recipes, etc. included for young students that are high interest.

My initial idea for the wiki is a organizing a training sessions or conference. The list of things needed can be composed, edited, organized, saved and re-edited as needed. All the information would be in one place and evolve as each person adds to it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. You're doing a great job of providing links to the resources you mention. I enjoyed the info you linked to about Dr. Seuss as well!

    ReplyDelete