Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5 hours later

#7
I have read all 5 of the references to making comments. I have concluded after visiting my 5 links I made 2 comments directly & 1 by signing up to have a reply sent because the site is not working anymore. The other one required the same thing. I don't want to do that. I am like one of the persons in the assigned lessons. I want to keep going if I have to sign up and give you my information every time.

However, in looking at one of my fellow classmates' blog, I signed up for a free story of the week from Library of America & put that site in my Reader. I am excited about that. Also, went to a link and read an ex cert from a book she (classmate) will read to her students in the fall. Even though I wonder about the part on death. I think I made a comment on her blog, but it has been so long ago till I forgot.

I followed another classmates' link to Book Whisper and looked at her book list. I read a synopsis of Almost Astronauts 13 Women Who Dared to Dream book for middle aged children. This is about the Mercury 13 women of the late 50's who paved the way for later women pilots and astronauts. I want to read this and encourage our librarian to place it in our library.

I learned about "blogger etiquette". Ten things to consider when making comments on others' and our blog. Ex. Invite readers to make comments even though it seems to be an obvious thing to do.

I did read be careful not to ignore your children while doing exploring all this new technology.

2 comments:

  1. This feels like a day's work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have found some good books while visiting the different blogs. Hasn't it been fun exploring the reader,too? I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn new technology tools and sites and hear what others think about them as well.

    ReplyDelete