Monday, July 19, 2010

#18 Intro. to Video Sharing

I enjoyed the school administrators' YouTube video pardoy of a Nextel TV ad used as a friendly reminder to principals' to complete their Classroom Walk Thrus by the deadline.

My 2nd criteria tags used education, student performance and testing.

Teacher Tube
I was unable to see the videos. The video would start and an ad for weight loss would begin. I figure, you must join Teacher Tube to avoid this. Or there was something else I needed to do.

These videos can be used to introduce a concept, or present a piece of information in a more interesting manner. Ex. Lincoln giving the Gettysburg Address at Appomattox by an actor dressed as Lincoln.
Great tools, there will have to be a filter of ads and inappropriate sites. An article suggested, the teacher pull the video needed for class on a flash drive and present it. This avoids these issues. Does not allow for exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment