Monday, July 5, 2010

Google Reader

#5
I have established my Reader after viewing the video. Somehow I placed 200 subscriptions in it. I successfully removed/unsubscribe them and will start placing educational items in my Reader. Yeah me!!

My understanding of the purpose of the Reader is to place new things I am interested in, as they become available, in my Reader without having to search for it & waste time. It is my "private newspaper".

I read another participants #5 and see she already knows all about Readers and has her favorite subscriptions. I had to remember this is my 23 Things learning experience and like all learners, we are not all at the same place.

I will keep telling myself this.
:)

3 comments:

  1. I started out with the reader much like you did (although I didn't add quite 200 feeds). Looks like we may be learning at about the same speed! How do you like getting updates in the reader now that you have pared down the number of entries you have in the reader? I really like the reader now that it is under control. I can see that this is a great time-saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly updating the subscriptions in my reader. If it becomes too overwhelming, I can unsubscribe or "mark as read" at any time. The important ideas will always come back around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunnysideup,
    I am unsure of who & what is controlling me. However, I understand the purpose of the Reader and I plan to be the controller of the Reader in the near future.

    Thank you for your comment & question!

    ReplyDelete